Mortgage Brokers, Lenders, Servicers, Loan Originators, Mortgage Companies and more are required to secure a surety bond to guarantee that they will comply with the rules and regulations set forth by a states license codes. A Mortgage Broker Bond will also protect consumers against misleading and fraudulent lending practices. SuretyGroup.com offers bonds at excellent rates with simplified underwriting.
How to Apply for a Mortgage Broker Surety Bond
1) The first step in applying for a mortgage broker bond is understanding the licensing requirements of the state in which you will operate. Click on the state below to learn more about that state's requirements.
- Most states require yearly continuing education and charge a licensing fee.
- Some states require a mortgage broker bond to be posted in order for a broker to qualify for a license.
- Additionally, states require the surety posting the bond to be licensed in that specific state.
2) Once you understand the requirements, then you will need to complete an application for a mortgage broker bond. Below, click "Apply Now" that corresponds to the state in which you operate.
3) Once your application has been approved, you must submit it, along with your bond, to your state government office.
Should you have any questions, please call our surety bond professionals today at:
Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday
**All bonds are written for two-year terms except Wisconsin, Nevada, Missouri which are written for a one-year term.