Nevada Mortgage Broker Surety Bonds
If you are a Mortgage Broker in Nevada, you are required to apply for a license through the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and file a Nevada Mortgage Broker Surety Bond as a condition of licensure.
Surety Bond and License Requirements:
- Applicants that do not maintain trust accounts must have a minimum net worth based on the monthly balance of accounts: $100,000 or less a minimum net worth of $25,000, more than $100,000 but less than $250,000 a minimum net worth of $50,000, more than $250,000 but less than $500,000 a minimum net worth of $100,000, more than $500,000 but less than $1,000,000 a minimum net worth of $200,000 and accounts over $1,000,000 require a $250,000 net worth.
- Applicants must be able to pass a background and credit check and have five years experience prior to application and at least two years experience in lending money for real estate.
- Applicants must complete the application and pay the applicable NMLS, credit report, and fingerprint fees.
- Additional required documents: copies of financial statements, a business plan, formation documents (if applicable), a management chart, an organizational chart, a copy of the State Business License and Secretary of State filing, local business license, a copy of the office lease, and disclosure statements (if applicable).
- Obtain a $50,000 surety bond for annual loan totals $20,000,000 or less. A $75,000 surety bond is required for annual loan totals over $20,000,000.
How Much Will This Bond Cost
The premium that you pay for a Nevada Mortgage Broker Surety Bond is dependent on credit, bond amount needed, and personal and business financials.
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application