The Alabama Onsite Wastewater Board, has the responsibility of regulating, licensing, educating and testing of service providers in the industry. The board has oversight of septic system and portable toilet manufacturing, servicing, and installation through the licensing of those that provide onsite wastewater services.
The State of Alabama Administrative Code 420-3-1-.01 thru 420-3-1-.109 defines the regulations process onsite sewage treatment and disposal. The Alabama Onsite Wastewater Board Administrative Code Chapter 628-X-3 provides licensing details. The following is required for the Onsite Wastewater Manufacturer license:
1. Take the required training course.
2. Pass the written (or oral) exam.
3. Complete the license application and payment of the application fee.
4. Complete the US Citizenship/Legal Presence Document.
5. Wastewater manufacturer's will need a $15,000 surety bond. The signed, original bond will need to be sent to the state.
6. License and bond must be renewed by December 31.
The premium that you pay for an Alabama Onsite Wastewater Manufacturer Bond is dependent on credit.
Approximately 25% of the US Population has an onsite wastewater system.