The Alabama Onsite Wastewater Board, has the responsibility of regulating, licensing, educating and testing of service providers in the industry. The board has oversight of septic system and portable toilet manufacturing, servicing, and installation through the licensing of those that provide onsite wastewater services.
The State of Alabama Administrative Code 420-3-1-.01 thru 420-3-1-.109 defines the regulations process onsite sewage treatment and disposal. The Alabama Onsite Wastewater Board Administrative Code Chapter 628-X-3 provides licensing details. The following is required for the Onsite Wastewater Advanced Level I Installer license:
1. Take the required training course.
2. Pass the written (or oral) exam.
3. Complete the license application and payment of the application fee.
4. Complete the US Citizenship/Legal Presence Document.
5. A $30,000 surety bond is required for licensure. The bond will need to be signed and the original sent to the board.
6. License and bond must be renewed by December 31.
The premium you pay for an Alabama Onsite Wastewater Advanced Level I Installer Bond is dependent on credit.
A properly installed onsite waste water system protects the environment, property and people.