Home  Alabama Bonds   Alabama Modular Housing Retailer Bond

Do Alabama Modular Housing Retailers Need a Surety Bond?

A manufactured housing community

The State of Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission is responsible for providing regulation to the manufactured and modular housing industry, ensure compliance of model codes and protect the public from improperly installed homes. In addition to providing regulation, the Manufactured Housing Commission administers the certification process for manufactured and Modular Housing Retailers.

Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission Administrative Code, Chapter 535-X-17 details modular housing retailer licensing.

The following is required for licensure:

1. Completion of the Application for Modular Home Retailer License and payment of the license fee.
2. Complete the Modular Retailer Monthly Sales/Leasing Report.
3. Maintain general liability insurance coverage in the amount of $500,000.
4. A $25,000 surety bond is required for 1-3 facilities the business operates or a $50,000 surety bond for more than 3 facilities or as determined by the Manufactured Housing Commission (the commission may increase or decrease the bond requirements based on a periodic review of valid claims).

How Much Will This Bond Cost?

The premium that you pay for an Alabama Modular Housing Retailer Surety Bond is dependent on credit and the bond amount required.

Did You Know?

Every modular housing salesperson in Alabama must complete an approved Commission course.

Related Links:

Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission - Retailers
Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission - Application for Retailer License

ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication