Home  Alabama Bonds   Alabama Manufactured Housing Retailer Bond

Do Alabama Manufactured Housing Retailers Need a Surety Bond for Licensure?

A manufactured housing community

The State of Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission is responsible for providing regulation to the manufactured and modular housing industry, ensure compliance of model codes and protect the public from improperly installed homes. In addition to providing regulation, the Manufactured Housing Commission administers the certification process for Manufactured and Modular Housing Retailers, manufactured and modular housing manufacturers, and manufactured and modular housing installers.

The Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission Administrative Code, Chapter 535-X-17 provides the details for retailer licensing. The following is required for licensure:

1. Completion of the Application for Manufactured Home Retailer License/Permit and payment of the license fee.
2. Complete the Retailer Monthly New Report and the Retailer Monthly Used Report.
3. Maintain general liability insurance coverage in the amount of $500,000.
4. A $25,000 surety bond is required for 1-3 facilities or a $50,000 for more than three facilities or as determined by the Manufactured Housing Commission (the commission may increase or decrease the bond requirements based on a periodic review of valid claims).

How Much Will This Bond Cost?

The premium that you pay for an Alabama Manufactured Housing Retailer Surety Bond is dependent on credit and the bond amount required.

Did You Know?

Every manufactured housing salesperson in Alabama must complete an approved Commission course.

Related Links:

Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission - Retailers
Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission - Retailer License Application

ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication