Pennsylvania Investment Adviser Surety Bond
The State of Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities, Bureau of Securities Division of Licensing, Compliance and Examinations, registers various securities licensing related professionals which includes Investment Advisers. The department also oversees compliance and securities professional’s examinations. The Pennsylvania Securities Act of 1972 sets forth that investment advisers must meet the conditions of the Act which includes registration.
Surety Bond and Registration Requirements:
- Payment of a filing fee and application for registration through IARD with any required attachments.
- Sample copies of a written client contracts and/or agreements.
- Applicants with custody of client funds or receives six months or more advisory fees and has more than $1,200 per client must provide an audited balance sheet not more than 45 days old. If applicant has discretionary authority of client funds, an unaudited balance sheet less than 45 days old is required.
- A surety bond is required if the minimum net worth is less than $35,000 and there is custody of client funds or securities. The amount of the surety bond is based on the deficiency of rounded up to the nearest $5,000.
- Maintain a minimum net capital of $25,000 at all times.
- De Minimis: out-of-state applicants are not required to register until there are five clients or more. In-state applicants with less than six clients that do not hold itself out the public as an investment adviser are also exempt.
How Much Will This Bond Cost?
The premium that you pay for a Pennsylvania Investment Adviser Surety Bond is dependent on credit and the bond amount required.
Did You Know?
The Pennsylvania Bureau of Securities offers exam guidance so that investment advisers are prepared for compliance examinations.
Related Links:Pennsylvania Investment Adviser Self-Inspection ChecklistPennsylvania Investment Adviser Registration Packet Pennsylvania Securities ActPennsylvania Code
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application