Home  Alabama Bonds  Alabama Motor Fuel Permissive Supplier Tax License Bond

Requirements for Alabama Motor Fuel Permissive Supplier Tax License

A fuel truck drives on a highway

The Alabama Department of Revenue, Business & License Tax Division, Motor Fuels Section is responsible for the collection of excise tax of permissive suppliers, distributors, terminal operators, suppliers, exporters, importers and blenders of motor fuels. The department provides an online system for tax reporting and an EFT system for tax payments.

The Code of Alabama 1975, Title 40, Chapter 17, Article 4 provides the requirements for the wholesale oil license which includes:

1. Completion of the License Application.
2. Make payment of all taxes, penalties, and interest which may be now due or may become due.
3. Submit a monthly report by the 22nd of each month.
4. If required, obtain a surety bond in the amount designated by the State of Alabama Department of Revenue.
5. An annual report is due October 14 of each year.

Premiums for Alabama motor fuel excise tax license permissive supplier bonds are dependent on credit and the bond amount required.

Did you know?

Alabama taxes are due monthly and can be filed electronically.


Alabama Department of Revenue - Business & License Tax