Home  Alabama Bonds  Alabama Motor Fuel Exporter Tax License Bond

Do Alabama Motor Fuel Exporters Have a Bond Requirement?

A fuel truck drives on a highway

The Alabama Department of Revenue, Business & License Tax Division, Motor Fuels Section is responsible for the collection of excise tax of exporters, importers, distributors, terminal operators, permissive suppliers, suppliers, and blenders of motor fuels. The department provides an online system for tax reporting and an EFT system for tax payments.

The Code of Alabama 1975, Title 40, Chapter 17, Article 4 provides the requirements for the wholesale oil license which include:

1. Completion of the License Application for Motor Fuel Exporter and pay the $100 application fee.
2. Make payment of all taxes, penalties, and interest which may be now due or may become due.
3. Submit a monthly report by the 22nd of each month.
4. A surety bond may be required by the State of Alabama Department of Revenue. The amount of the bond will be determined by the state..
5. The annual return is due October 14 of each year.

How Much Will This Bond Cost?

The premium that you pay for an Alabama Motor Fuel Excise Exporter Bond is dependent on credit and the bond amount required.

Did You Know?

Alabama taxes are due monthly and can be filed electronically.

Related Links:

Alabama Department of Revenue - Motor Fuels
Alabama Department of Revenue

ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication