Home  West Virginia Bonds  West Virginia Investment Adviser Bond

West Virginia Investment Adviser Surety Bond

A person hands money to an investment adviser

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

The State of West Virginia Auditor’s Office, Securities Commission, regulates securities and registration of securities professionals. It is also responsible complaints and investigations of fraudulent securities activities and regulation of securities offerings and registration of Investment Advisers. The West Virginia Uniform Securities Act provides details that Investment Advisers must meet for the registration process.

Surety Bond and Registration Requirements:

  1. Pay the filing fee and complete the application for registration through IARD with any required attachments.
  2. Complete the Consent to Service of Process Form U-2.
  3. Maintain a minimum business net capital of $25,000 or more and submit a statement of financial condition-balance sheet, income statement, net capital computation.
  4. Obtain a $10,000 surety bond if the minimum business net capital drops below $25,000.
  5. Provide unaudited financial statements within 45 days of filing for registration.
  6. De Minimis: out-of-state applicants are not required to register until there are five clients or more in any prior 12-month period.

How Much Will a West Virginia Investment Adviser Bond Cost?

The premium that you pay for a West Virginia Investment Adviser Bond is dependent on credit. Our rates start at $150 with good credit. Contact our Surety Bond Agents for a free quote.

Did You Know?

Registration must be renewed by December 31 of each year.

Related Links:

Investment Adviser Registration Depository
Securities Commission Agent and Dealer Requirements
Kentucky Investment Adviser Bond
Pennsylvania Investment Adviser Bond

More Surety Bond Questions?

Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


For a downloadable application