Home  Pennsylvania Bonds  Pennsylvania Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Get a Lost Instrument Surety Bond In Pennsylvania?

Close up of a stock certificate, a common Lost Instrument

A Lost Instrument Surety Bond is required in Pennsylvania for any lost, stolen or destroyed valuable document or instrument that you may own. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate. Most often the original issuer will require an Affidavit of Lost Instrument and a bond prior to re-issuance of the document or instrument in order to protect themselves from any loss.

The most common types of lost instruments are stock certificates, as well as:

  • Preferred Stock Certificate
  • Money Order
  • Cashier’s Check
  • Any Other Financial Securities
  • Checks
  • Certificates of Deposit
  • Common Stock Certificate
  • Savings Bankbook

  • Bonds based on the type of instrument:

  • Fixed Penalty Bonds have a fixed value such as a certified check or money order.
  • Open Penalty Bonds have a varying market value, such as a common stock certificate.

  • If a Surety Bond is a requirement in order to replace your missing important document or instrument in Pennsylvania, contact SuretyGroup.com and we can help.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The cost is called a premium that you pay for your bond, and that cost depends on the type of bond you need (open or fixed penalty) and the value your instrument. Let our Surety Bond Specialists provide you with a free, no-obligation quote today.

    How Can I Get a Surety Bond?

    Call, Email or complete the online application or Quick Quote:

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication