Home  Rhode Island Bonds  Rhode Island Lost Instrument Bond

How Can I Get a Lost Instrument Surety Bond in Rhode Island?

Close up of a stock certificate, a common Lost Instrument

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

If you reside in Rhode Island and have a lost, stolen or destroyed valuable document or instrument, unclaimed property, then you need a Lost Instrument Bond.

A lost instrument bond protects the original issuer from a financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate document or instrument. The original issuer will most likely also require an Affidavit of Lost Instrument to ensure that the original instrument is never used if found again.

Lost Instrument Surety Bonds:

There are two types of lost instrument Surety bonds, a Fixed Penalty Bond for instruments or documents whose value never changes, and an Open Penalty Bond for instruments or documents whose value can change over a period of time.

There are different types of lost instruments, with the most common being common and preferred stock certificates, as well as, Certificates of Deposit, checks, warehouse receipts, certified checks, life insurance policies, savings bankbooks, money orders and any other type of financial instrument.

If you are unsure the type of lost instrument bond you will need for your missing, destroyed or stolen valuable instrument, SuretyGroup.com can help.

How Much Will This Bond Cost?

The premium (cost of your bond) will vary depending on the amount of your bond coverage needed and whether you need an open penalty or a fixed penalty bond. Fixed and open penalty bonds start as low as 1.5% with good credit. Our bond agents at SuretyGroup.com can help you through the process of obtaining the bond that you need.

More Surety Bond Questions?

Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


For a downloadable application