Home  Maryland Bonds  Maryland Lost Instrument Bond

Maryland Lost Instrument Surety Bond

A closeup of a stock certificate

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

If you own a valuable instrument that has been lost, stolen or destroyed, more than likely you will need a Lost Instrument Bond. The required surety bond protects the original issuer from a financial loss that may be a result of issuing a duplicate.

Surety bonds for lost instruments may either be a fixed penalty or an open penalty bond.

A Fixed Penalty Bond is for an instrument that keeps the same value as when purchased or acquired, such as money order or check.

An Open Penalty Bond is for an instrument that can change in value, such as a stock certificate.

Examples of Lost Instruments:

  • Preferred Stock Certificate
  • Common Stock Certificate
  • Certified or Cashier’s Check
  • Check
  • Money Order
  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Savings Bankbook
  • Unclaimed Property
  • Other Financial Securities
  • How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium or “cost” you pay for a lost instrument surety bond depends on the amount of the bond needed and if it is a fixed or open penalty bond. Fixed and open penalty bonds start as low as 1.5% for good credit. Let us help you get the bond you need. SuretyGroup.com provides you with a quote at no cost.

    Related Links:

    Maryland Unclaimed Property Search
    District of Columbia Lost Instrument Surety Bond

    More Surety Bond Questions?

    Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


    For a downloadable application