Home  District of Columbia Bonds  District of Columbia Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Get a Lost Instrument Surety Bond in the District of Columbia?

Closeup of a stock certificate, which is a common Lost Instrument

If you own an instrument of financial value that has been lost, destroyed, or stolen, then most likely you will need a Lost Instrument Bond to have it replaced. The issuer of the document or instrument usually requires a bond to protect against loss upon the issuing of a duplicate. If the missing document later turns up, it will need to be returned to either the issuer or the surety of the document. Then will be properly be disposed of so as to prevent any future loss.

There are two types of lost instruments that are commonly required:

  • A Fixed Penalty Surety Bond is for instruments or documents that remain the same value as when first issued.
  • An Open Penalty Surety Bond is for instruments or documents that can change in value over a period of time.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are common and preferred stock certificates. Other examples of lost instruments include checks, money orders, cashier’s checks, certificates of deposit, and other financial instruments and securities.

    If you live in the District of Columbia and need a Surety Bond as a requirement in replacing one of these important documents, call SuretyGroup.com. We are here to help.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium/cost that you pay depends on the surety bond type needed and the value of the document. Let our Surety Bond Specialists provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.

    Give Us a Try First

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication