Home  Georgia Bonds  Georgia Dismantlers, Rebuilders and Salvage Dealers Bond

Georgia Dismantler, Rebuilder, Salvage & Used Parts Dealer Surety Bonds

A pile of salvaged car parts

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

The Georgia Secretary of State, Board of License Professions, Used Motor Vehicle Parts Division, is responsible for the licensing of Used Motor Vehicle Parts Dealers, Rebuilders, Dismantlers, and Salvage Dealers. The Code of Georgia Title 43 Chapter 48 defines the used motor vehicle parts dealer and dismantlers, rebuilders and salvage dealer license requirements.

Surety Bond and License Requirements:

  1. Complete the application (all questions must be answered) and payment of the license fee.
  2. Take photographs of the premises, signage, and must have landline phone service.
  3. Provide NMVTIS identification number.
  4. Obtain an Original Certificate of Insurance with amounts of limits of 50K/100K/25K.
  5. Obtain a state sales tax number from the State Department of Revenue and provide a copy of the Sales Tax Certificate.
  6. Provide copy of a Georgia Business License (or occupational license).
  7. Complete the applicable Affidavit.
  8. Submit a completed Zoning Certification.
  9. Obtain a $10,000 surety bond. The surety bond must have the exact name of the business and be submitted with the application.
  10. The license and surety bond renews December 31 of odd years.

How Much Will This Bond Cost?

The premium that you pay for a Georgia Dismantler, Rebuilder, or Salvage Dealer Surety Bond rates start as low as $100 based on good credit. Contact our Surety Bond Specialists for a free quote that fits your specific situation.

Did You Know?

Georgia recyclers must report information to Georgia Salvage Reporting for vehicles they handle.

Related Links:

Georgia Required Documents - Used MV Parts/Used Parts Dealer
Georgia Board of Used Motor Vehicle Parts
Read our blog, Alabama, Georgia Auto Dismantler Bond Renewals
Read our blog, Georgia Used Motor Vehicle Parts Dealer Bond

More Surety Bond Questions?

Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


For a downloadable application