Home  Alabama Bonds   Alabama Non-Dealer Designated Agent - Law Firm Bonds

Do Alabama Non-Dealer Designated Agent Law Firms Need a Bond?

A couple meets with an agent

The State of Alabama Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Division is responsible for the licensing of non-dealer designated agents such as financial institutions, manufactured home dealer (title applications and cancellations), pawnshops, out-of-state financial institution (manufactured homes only-title applications and cancellations), law firms (manufactured homes only-title applications and cancellations) title agent (manufactured homes only-title applications and cancellations).

The Code of Alabama 1975, Sections 32-8-34 and 32-20-22, defines the non-dealer designated agent license requirements. The following is required for licensure:

1. Completion of the online application (ETAPS) for Non-Designated Agent La Firm and payment of the license fee.
2. Applicants must attend the two six-hour training classes before their ETAPS account will be activated. The training class covers titling procedures and ETAPS user training.
3. Attach evidence that a principal of the firm is admitted to a state bar.
4. A $25,000 surety bond is required only if the law firm is titling or cancelling titles of manufactured homes. The bond will need to be uploaded as an attachment to the license application.

How Much Will This Bond Cost?

The premium that you pay for an Alabama Non-Dealer Designated Agent Law Ffirm (manufactured homes only) Bond is dependent on credit.

Did You Know?

A separate application must be submitted for each branch or location.

Related Links:

Alabama Department of Revenue - Dealer License / Designated Agent
Alabama Department of Revenue - Non-Dealer Application for Designated Agent

Contact SuretyGroup.com

Let our Surety Bond Specialists assist you with your bond needs.

Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
Fax:     404-351-3237
Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication