Home  Wisconsin Bonds  Wisconsin Lost Instrument Bond

How to Get a Lost Instrument Bond in Wisconsin

Stock Certificate in Wisconsin

If you reside in Wisconsin and have a lost, stolen or destroyed valuable instrument or document, then you need a Lost Instrument Bond. A Lost Instrument Bond protects the original issuer from a financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate document or instrument.

There are two types of lost instrument bonds:

  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for instruments or documents whose value never changes.

  • Open Penalty Bonds are for instruments or documents whose value can change over a time.
  • There are different types of lost instruments or documents, with the most common being preferred and common stock certificates.

    Examples of other types of lost instruments can be:

  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Money Order
  • Warehouse Receipt
  • Check
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Cashier's Check
  • Other financial instruments and securities

  • If you are unsure of the type of lost instrument bond you need, SuretyGroup.com can help. We will identify whether you need a fixed or open penalty bond and ensure that you get the bond you need.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium (cost of the bond) will vary depending on the amount of the bond coverage needed and whether it is an open penalty or a fixed penalty bond. SuretyGroup.com offers no obligation quotes.

    Contact Us First

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication