Home  Virginia Bonds  Virginia Lost Instrument Bond

Where Can I Get a Lost Instrument Bond in Virginia?

A Stock Certificate in Virginia

A Lost Instrument Bond is required in Virginia if you own a valuable document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate.

  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for items whose value remains the same over time.

  • Open Penalty Bonds are for items whose market value fluctuates.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are common and preferred stock certificates and municipal and corporate bonds.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Life insurance policy
  • Membership certificate
  • Warehouse receipt
  • Check or money order
  • Certificate of deposit
  • Interest coupon
  • Mortgage
  • Bankbook
  • Other financial instruments and securities

  • If you live in Virginia and need a Surety Bond as a requirement in replacing one of these important documents, call SuretyGroup.com.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium cost that you pay can depend on many factors including bond type and the value of the document. Our Surety Bond Specialists can provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.

    How Do I Get a Surety Bond?

    Contact our Surety Bond Specialists today at:

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication