Home  Vermont Bonds  Vermont Lost Instrument Bond

How Can I Get a Lost Instrument Bond in Vermont?

A Stock Certificate in Vermont

In Vermont, a Lost Instrument Bond is needed if you own a valuable document or instrument that has been stolen, lost, or destroyed. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate, which is then provided to the originating financial institution.

Common Bond Types:

  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for those documents/instruments in which the value remains the same over time.

  • Open Penalty Bonds are for documents/instruments whose market value fluctuates.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are common and preferred stock certificates and cashier’s checks or checks.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Money Order
  • Savings Passbooks
  • Real Estate Certificates
  • Any other financial instruments

  • If you need a Surety Bond in Vermont as a requirement in replacing one of these important documents or instruments, SuretyGroup.com can help you.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium cost that you pay depends on the bond type (open or fixed penalty) and the value of the document or instrument. Contact SuretyGroup.com for a free, no cost and no-obligation quote.


    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline         DownloadApplication