Home  Utah Bonds  Utah Lost Instrument Bond

Do You Need a Lost Instrument Bond in Utah?

Close Up of a Stock Certificate

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

A Lost Instrument Bond is required in Utah if you own a valuable document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed or unclaimed property retrieval. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate and replaces the document or instrument.

Surety Bonds For Lost Instruments:

  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for items whose value remains the same over time.

  • Open Penalty Bonds are for items whose market value fluctuates.

  • The most common types of lost documents or instruments are money orders, checks and cashier’s checks and common stock certificates.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Membership Certificate
  • Money Order
  • Warehouse receipt
  • Life insurance policy
  • Certificate of deposit
  • Bankbook
  • Other financial instruments and securities

  • If you live in Utah and need a Surety Bond to replace your important document or instrument, contact SuretyGroup.com.

    How Much Does a Utah Bond Cost?

    The cost of the premium that you pay can depend on whether the bond is a fixed penalty or an open penalty and the value of the document or instrument. Fixed and open penalty bonds start as low as 1.5% with good credit. Our Surety Bond Specialists can provide you with a no-obligation quote.

    Related Links:

    Utah Division of Securities

    More Surety Bond Questions?

    Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


    For a downloadable application