Utah Body Shops and Crushers Surety Bonds
Body Shops and Crushers in Utah are required to have a license and obtain a Bond of Motor Vehicle Dealer, Special Equipment Dealer, Crusher or Body Shop. The surey bond ensures compliance of state laws and ethical business practices.
Surety Bond and License Requirements:
Body shop licenses require a $20,000 surety bond.Crusher licenses require a $10,000 surety bond.
- Applicants can obtain an application from the Utah State Tax Commission, Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division (MVED).
- Applicants must complete the application, fingerprints, and photo requirements, and pay the license and fingerprint fees.
- Establish a place of business that is in compliance with zoning and local ordinances requirements, including a fence, a permanent office building, a place to store records, a permanent sign that is at least 24 square feet and affixed with nails or screws to posts on the business site (business name on sign must match the business license name and have the crusher or body shop number on it).
- Provide photos of any partner, owner or corporate officer, the business signage, and place of business to submit with the application.
- If using a trade name or dba, file the name with the Utah Department of Commerce.
- Obtain a surety bond in the following amount:
How Much Will a Utah Body Shop Bond Cost?
The premium that you pay for a Utah Body Shop or Crusher Surety Bond is dependent on credit, the bond amount required and experience in the vehicle industry.
Related Links:Utah Body Shop License InformationUtah Crusher License Information
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, call us first. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application