Home  Texas Bonds  Texas Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Provider Bond

Texas Medicaid DME Supplier Surety Bonds

 A person with a prosthetic leg on a treadmill

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

Texas Medicaid and the the Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) oversee the Medicaid contractor provider enrollment process. All Durable Medical Equipment Providers (DME Providers) and private ambulance providers must apply for license enrollment with TMHP to be approved to offer reimbursable services.

Surety Bond Requirements:

  • Applicants will need to complete the application and pay the application fee.
  • Applicants will need to obtain a $50,000 surety bond and submit the bond with initial enrollment application.
  • Applicants that have more than one business location will need to provide a seperate surety bond for each new location.
  • The bond is required to be maintained for each additional enrollment period.
  • All DME suppliers and ambulance providers must meet all criteria to avoid losing Medicaid enrollment. The surety bond guarantees that the provider will conduct business honestly while complying with the state statutes.
  • How Much Will a Texas DME Supplier Bond Cost?

    The premium that you pay for a Texas Medicaid DME Supplier Surety Bond is dependent on credit and the number of bonds required. Rates start as low as $250 per year.

    Related Links:

    Texas Medicaid Provider DME Manual
    DME Medicare Bonds

    More Surety Bond Questions?

    Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


    For a downloadable application