Home  Texas Bonds  Texas Lost Instrument Bond

When Do You Need a Lost Instrument Bond in Texas?

A stock certificate, which is a common Lost Instrument

A Lost Instrument Bond is required in Texas if you own a valuable instrument that has been lost, destroyed or stolen or is in unclaimed property. The Texas Comptroller often requires a surety bond prior to releasing unclaimed property.

Types of bonds:

  • Open Penalty Bonds are for instruments whose market value fluctuates and can be more or less than the original value.
  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for instruments whose value remains the same over time, year after year.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are preferred and common stock certificates and corporate bonds.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Cashier’s Check
  • Other Financial Instruments and Securities
  • Warehouse Receipt
  • Check or Money Order
  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Certified Check
  • Money Order

  • If you live in Texas and need a bond to replace a lost instrument or other valuable document, SuretyGroup.com can help.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The cost of the premium that you pay can depend on whether you need a fixed penalty or an open penalty lost instrument bond and the value of the instrument. Our Surety Bond Specialists can provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.

    Contact SuretyGroup.com

    Speak to one of our Surety Bond Specialists today at:

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication