Home  Tennessee Bonds  Tennessee Transportation of Alcoholic Beverages Bond

Tennessee Transporters of Alcoholic Beverages

Wine bottles are being crated for shipping

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

The State of Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission is responsible for licensing and has regulatory authority pertaining to alcoholic beverages. The commission has oversight of alcohol manufacturers, distillers, warehousemen, dealers, sales, mixing, taxes, wholesaler, and the transportation of beer and other alcoholic beverages. The Tennessee Code Annotated Section 57-1-102 thru 57-5-407 defines alcoholic beverages and beer tax requirements. Alcohol Transporters that transport any alcoholic beverage through, into, within or from Tennessee in a common carrier are required to be bonded.

Sureety Bond and Application Requirements:

  1. Obtain a surety bond in the amount of $1,000 and file the original with the Commission.
  2. The Commission requires that shipment receipts or a bill of lading with the exact description of the alcoholic beverage, its beginning point, destination, and route must be documented.

How Much Will This Bond Cost?

The premium that you pay for a Tennessee Transportation of Alcoholic Beverages Surety Bond is dependent on credit.

Did You Know?

Transported alcoholic beverages must be delivered by the most direct route to the buyer.

More Surety Bond Questions?

Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, call us first. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


For a downloadable application