South Carolina Water Well Drillers Surety Bonds
The South Carolina Board of Environmental Certification requires South Carolina Water Well Drillers to have at least a $25,000 surety bond as a condition of their certification/license. The certification allows the well driller to drill water wells into rock or coastal areas or environmental wells of any method. The class level the driller is seeking is also based on the well category of drilling which could be environmental, coastal or rock.
Surety Bond and Certification Requirements:
- Class A, B, C, and D applicants must complete the South Carolina Board of Environmental Certification application, pay the applicable license fee, be at least 18 years of age, obtain a surety bond and pass the written exam.
- Class A drillers are approved to construct or supervise any of the other well classes, or can be self-employed. In order to qualify for level class A, the driller must first have at least two years of experience in level Class B or C in each of the three well drilling categories.
- Classes A, B and C must also have the knowledge to operate and have the necessary drilling equipment to perform everyday operations.
- Class B applicants have an additional requirement to have apprenticed as a well driller for at least one year as an employee of Class A or Class B, which was spent in the installation of wells in the category applying for.
- Class C applicants have an additional requirement to have apprenticed as a well driller for at least one year as a Class D, which was spent in the installation of wells in the category applying for.
- Water and Environmental Well Drillers must renew their license and surety bond annually by June 30. The renewal process also includes obtaining an additional 12 hours of CE credits every two years.
How Much Will a South Carolina Well Driller Bond Cost?
The premium that you pay for a South Carolina Water Well Driller Surety Bond is dependent on credit.
Read our blog, South Carolina Water Well Drillers Certificaiton and Bond Requirement
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application