Home  Ohio Bonds  Ohio Lost Instrument Bond

Where Can I Get a Lost Instrument Bond in Ohio?

Close Up of a stock certificate, a common Lost Instrument

In Ohio, a Lost Instrument Bond is needed if you own a valuable instrument or document that has been stolen, lost or destroyed. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate which is then provided to the originating financial institution. The financial institution may also request that you complete an Affidavit of Lost Instrument.

The most common types of lost instruments are preferred stock certificates, certified checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks.

Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Certificates of Deposit
  • Checks
  • Common Stock Certificates
  • Any Other Financial Instruments
  • Savings Passbooks
  • Real Estate Certificates

  • Common Lost Instrument Bond Types:

  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for those instruments or documents in which the value remains fixed.
  • Open Penalty Bonds are for instruments or documents whose market value fluctuates and can change.

  • If you need a Surety Bond in Arizona as a requirement in replacing one of these important documents, SuretyGroup.com can help.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The cost of the premium that you pay depends on the bond needed (open or fixed penalty) and the value of the lost instrument. SuretyGroup.com offers free, no-obligation quotes.


    Contact a Surety Bond Specialists today at:

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication