Home  North Carolina Bonds  North Carolina Lost Instrument Bond

Lost Instrument Surety Bonds for North Carolina Residents

Close up of a stock certificate, a common Lost Instrument Bond

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

A Lost Instrument Surety Bond is required in North Carolina if you own a valuable instrument that has been lost, destroyed or stolen. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate. Bonds are commonly required for lost instruments and often the issuing institution will require an affidavit as well.

Lost Instrument Bond Types:

  • Open Penalty Bonds are for instruments that have a market value that can fluctuate.
  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for instruments whose value remains the same since inception.

  • Common Lost Instruments include preferred stock certificates and municipal bonds.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Money Order
  • Cashier’s Check
  • Common Stock Certificates
  • Check
  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Certified Check
  • Bankbook
  • Other Financial Instruments and Securities
  • Unclaimed Property

  • If you live in North Carolina and have to get a Surety Bond to replace one of your important instruments, SuretyGroup.com can help.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The cost that you pay can depend on whether you need a fixed penalty or an open penalty lost instrument bond and the value of the instrument. Fixed and open penalty bonds start as low as 1.5% for good credit. Our Surety Bond Specialists can provide you with a no-obligation quote.

    More Surety Bond Questions?

    Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


    For a downloadable application