Home  New York Bonds  New York Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Get a Lost Instrument Surety Bond in New York?

Close up of a stock certificate, a common Lost Instrument

If you have an instrument that has a financial value that has been lost, destroyed, or stolen, more than likely you will need a bond to have it replaced. The issuer of the instrument usually requires a bond to protect against loss upon the issuing of a duplicate. If the missing instrument later turns up, it will need to be returned to either the issuer or the surety of the instrument so that it can properly be disposed of so as to prevent any future loss.

The most common surety bond types for lost instruments:

  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for instruments that remain the same value as when first issued.
  • Open Penalty Bonds are for instruments that can change in value over a period of time.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are common & preferred stock certificates. Other examples of lost instruments include checks, money orders, certified checks, certificates of deposit, and other financial instruments and securities, cashier’s checks.

    If you live in the New York and need a Lost Instrument Surety Bond as a requirement in replacing one of these important instruments, call SuretyGroup.com. We are here to help.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The cost of the premium that you pay depends on the surety bond type needed and the value of the document. Let our Surety Bond Specialists provide you with a quote.

    Contact SuretyGroup.com

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication