New Mexico Investment Adviser Broker Dealer Surety Bonds
The State of New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department, Securities Division has the responsibility of overseeing investment adviser broker dealer licensing, consumer protection and investor education, enforcement of securities laws, and compliance of securities transactions. New Mexico Uniform Securities Act 58-13C Article 4 sets forth investment adviser registration requirements and exemptions.
Surety Bond and Registration Requirements:
- Payment of a filing fee and application for registration through FINRA-IARD with any required attachments.
- Sample copies of a written client agreement.
- Submit Form U4 with a list of investment adviser representatives of the company.
- Submit a financial statement. If there will not be custody of client funds, an unaudited financial statement less than 90 days old is acceptable.
- A minimum net worth of $5,000 must be maintained at all times. If there is discretionary authority of client funds, the net worth minimum requirement is $10,000.
- A surety bond is required if there is custody of client funds or securities and less than a minimum net worth of $2,000,000. The surety bond amount is set by order of the director up to a maximum bond amount of $2,000,000.
- De Minimis- applicants are not required to register until there are five clients or more in any consecutive 12-month period. Additional exemption can be found in the New Mexico Uniform Securities Act 58-13C Article 4.
How Much Will This Bond Cost?
The premium that you pay for a New Mexico Investment Adviser Broker Dealer Surety Bond is dependent on credit and the bond amount required.
Did You Know?
Registration and bonds must be renewed by December 31 of each year.
Related Links:New Mexico Broker-Dealer Registration PacketNew Mexico State Registered Investment Adviser PacketNew Mexico Instructions for Preparing a Brochure SupplementNew Mexico Instructions for Preparing a Firm BrochureNew Mexico Securities Division Balance SheetNew Mexico Uniform Securities Act
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application