Home  New Jersey Bonds  New Jersey Lost Instrument Bond

Where Do I Get a Lost Instrument Bond in New Jersey?

Close up of a stock certificate showing 100 shares

If you reside in New Jersey and have a lost, stolen or destroyed valuable document or instrument, then you need a Lost Instrument Bond. A lost instrument bond protects the original issuer from a financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate instrument.

The two types of lost instrument bonds are:

1) A Fixed Penalty Bond is for instruments whose value never changes and stays the same throughout its lifetime.
2) An Open Penalty Bond is for instruments whose value changes over a period of time.

There are different types of lost instruments, with the most common being common & preferred stock certificates.

Other examples of lost instruments can be:

  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Money Orders
  • Certified Check
  • Check
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Cashier’s Check
  • Financial Instruments and Securities

  • If you are unsure of what type of lost instrument bond you need, SuretyGroup.com can help ensure that you get the bond you need.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium (cost of the bond) will vary depending on the amount of the bond coverage needed and whether it is a fixed penalty or an open penalty bond that is needed. SuretyGroup.com offers free, no obligation quotes.

    Contact Us First

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication