Nevada Mortgage Servicer Surety Bond
Mortgage Servicers in Nevada that provide first mortgage servicing, third party first mortgage servicing and subordinate lien mortgage servicing are required to apply for a license through the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and file a Nevada Mortgage Servicer Bond as a condition of licensure.
Surety Bond and License Requirements:
- Applicants must complete the application and pay the applicable NMLS, credit report, and fingerprint fees.
- Provide audited financial statements that prove a net worth of $100,000.
- Applicant direct owners, shareholders, qualified employees and executive officers must be able to pass a background check. Direct owners will need to submit a credit report.
- Additional required documents include copies of financial statements, a business plan, formation documents (if applicable), a management chart, an organizational chart, Certificate of Good Standing, a local business license, a copy of the qualifying persons resume and W-2, and disclosure statements (if applicable).
- Obtain a $100,000 surety bond for mortgage servicing totals of less than $50,000,000. A $200,000 surety bond is required for mortgage servicing totals over $50,000,000 but less than $500,000,000. A $300,000 surety bond for mortgage servicing totals of $500,000,000 or more.
How Much Will This Bond Cost
The premium that you pay for a Nevada Mortgage Servicer Surety Bond is dependent on credit, bond amount needed, and personal and business financials.
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application