Home  Nevada Bonds  Nevada Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond

Do Nevada Vehicle Dealers Have A License and Bond Requirement?

A Nevada Motor Vehicle Dealer shakes hands with customers

If you are a Vehicle Dealer in Nevada, you are required to apply for a license and obtain a Vehicle Industry Business License Bond. The following are required to have a vehicle industry business license: brokers, dealers, rebuilders, lessors, distributors, manufacturers, for sales of off- highway vehicles, utility or boat trailers, motorcycles, horse trailers (without living quarters), utility trailers, autos, cars and other types of vehicles

The license requirements are as follows:

Applicants must complete an application obtained from the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles and pay the license and fingerprint fee and be able to pass a background check.

New or franchise dealers must submit a copy of the Dealer Franchise Certification. Manufacturers will need to provide a letter of confirmation from the Strategic Alliance (SAE) for their World Manufacturer Identifier.

If applicable, provide a copy of the business Certificate of Incorporation and Corporate filing, and/or a fictitious (dba or trade) name filing.

Business location requirements include: a place of business within the state, office space, display lot, permanent exterior signage with business name (no less than 8 inch high letters) that is visible from the street, and provide 2 color photographs the show the exterior of the building and sign. The business will require a site inspection by the State.

A surety bond is required as follows:

$10,000 bond for utility or boat trailers (weighing less than 3,500 lbs)

$50,000 bond for motorcycles, horse trailers (without living quarters) and utility trailers (weighing more than 3,501 lbs)

$100,000 bond for any other vehicle type

In lieu of a bond, a certificate of deposit of equal amount may be filed with the State.

Applicants will also need to obtain a business license from the city or county government the business will be located within and purchase and maintain automobile liability coverage.

How Much Will This Bond Cost?

The premium that you pay for a Nevada Vehicle Industry Business License Bond is dependent on credit, and bond amount needed. For bond amounts over $50,000 personal and business financial statements are required.

SuretyGroup.com is here to help you with your bonding needs.

We have been underwriting surety bonds for over 35 years, and we offer bonds for individuals and businesses of every size.

Our team of experienced surety specialists and in-house underwriting authority gives us a unique advantage over other surety companies. We are able to offer competitive, low rates, quick approvals and immediate bond delivery. In most cases we can approve your application today and deliver your bond tomorrow.

Have Questions?

Contact our Surety Bond Specialists at:

Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
Fax:     404-351-3237
Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday