Home  Montana Bonds  Montana Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Get a Lost Instrument Bond in Montana?

Closeup of a stock certificate, a common Lost Instrument

A Lost Instrument Surety Bond is needed to replace a destroyed, lost, or stolen financial instrument. The surety bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss.

The two common bond types:

  • Open Penalty Bonds are used when the instrument value fluctuates and can vary over time.
  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are used when the value of the instrument remains the same and never changes.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, common & preferred stock certificates.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Certified Check
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Stock Book
  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Waiver of Probate
  • Bankbook
  • Other Financial Instruments and Securities

  • SuretyGroup.com has experienced surety agents that will help guide you through the Montana Lost Instrument process and provide you with the help that you need.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The cost/premium that you pay depends on the value of the instrument and the surety bond type. Open penalty bonds cost slightly more than fixed penalty bonds since the value on a fixed penalty bond does not change. SuretyGroup.com offers free, no-obligation quotes for your lost instrument needs.

    Contact Us First

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication