Missouri Surety Bond for an Intoxicating Liquor Tax
Missouri requires businesses that sell, manufacture, or warehouse liquor to apply for a license and a surety bond.
Solicitor licenses are required for the following: Beer manufacturers that produce beer that is less than 5% alcohol by weight, wineries that manufacture wine and brandy that is less than 18% alcohol by weight and that does not produce more than 500,000 gallons in a year, microbreweries that brew and sell less than 10,000 barrels or less per year, liquor manufacturers that distill or blend intoxicating liquor, and beer and wine manufacturers that produce liquor not exceeding 22% alcohol by weight.
Surety Bond and License Requirements:
- Applicants can obtain a license application from the Missouri Department of Safety, Department of Alcohol and Tobacco Control.
- Complete the application and pay the applicable license fee (fees vary by license type).
- Provide: a copy of the business Federal Basic Permit or Federal Brewers Notice, a copy of the Missouri Retail Sales Tax License, two recent photographs of the applicant, partner or managing member, a photo of the front of the premises, and a copy of the Statement of No Sales /Use Tax due obtained from the Missouri Department of Revenue, Business Tax Bureau.
- Provide copies of the applicant's and partner's receipt for paid personal and real estate taxes for the prior year.
- A Missouri Corporate Tax Surety Bond is required for Intoxicating Liquor, Wine & 5% Beer Taxes. The minimum surety bond amount is $1,000. The original bond will need to be submitted with the application.
- Provide a copy of a voter registration card for the applicant, partner or managing officer.
- Provide a city business license or a letter of approval and a copy of the lease, rental agreement, deed or contract of sale for the business premises.
- Corporations and Limited Liability Companies must provide a Certificate of Good Standing obtained from the Missouri Secretary of State.
- Complete the Managing Officer Appointment Form.
- Additional compliance may be required depending on license type, and there may be additional secondary license options.
- Upon license approval, submit monthly excise tax reports.
How Much Will a Missouri Intoxicating Liquor Bond Cost?
The premium that you pay for a Missouri Corporate Tax Surety Bond for intoxicating liquor is dependent on credit and the bond amount required. Rates for bond amounts under $10,000 start at $100 with good credit. Premiums for bond amounts over $10,000 start at 1% with good credit. Contact our Surety Bond Specialists for a free quote that fits your specific situation.
Related Links:Missouri Alcohol Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Solicitors FAQsMissouri Excise Tax Reporting
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application