Home  Missouri Bonds  Missouri Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Get a Lost Instrument Bond in Missouri?

Close up of a stock certificate

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

In Missouri, a Lost Instrument Bond is needed if you own a valuable instrument that has been destroyed, lost, or stolen. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate.

Common Bond Types:

  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for those instruments in which the value remains the same over time from when it was first acquired.
  • Open Penalty Bonds are for instruments in which the value can change over time.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are common & preferred stock certificates, money orders, and cashier’s checks.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Certificates of Deposit
  • Savings Passbooks
  • Checks
  • Certified Check
  • Unclaimed Property
  • Real Estate Certificates
  • Any Other Financial Instruments and/or Securities

  • If you need a Surety Bond in Missouri as a requirement in replacing one of these important instruments, SuretyGroup.com can help you get the bond you need.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium/cost that you pay depends on the bond type (open or fixed penalty) and the value of the document. Fixed and open penalty bonds start as low as 1.5% for good credit. Call, email or complete our easy online application at SuretyGroup.com for a free, no-obligation quote.

    Related Facts:

    Missouri Unclaimed Property

    More Surety Bond Questions?

    Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


    For a downloadable application