Mississippi Mortgage Lenders Surety Bonds
Mississippi Mortgage Lenders are required to apply for a license through the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and to obtain a Mississippi Mortgage Lender Surety Bond in the amount of $150,000 as a condition of licensure.
Surety Bond and License Requirements:
- Complete the mortgage lender license application and pay the license, FBI Criminal Background Check, and NMLS processing fee.
- Applicants, officers, directors, and qualifying individuals must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Provide an explanation for any questions that were answered "yes" on the disclosure statements.
- Provide a business plan, proof of commercial zoning, a copy of the company policies and procedures, and an organizational chart.
- Obtain a $150,000 surety bond. Branch locations require an additional bond. Bonds will be directly uploaded in the NMLS ESB system.
- Mortgage lenders must employ at least one loan originator at a licensed location for the company.
- If a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership, provide copies of formation documents and a Certificate of Good Standing.
How Much Will This Bond Cost?
The premium that you pay for a Mississippi Mortgage Lender Surety Bond is dependent on credit and personal and business financial statements.
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application