Home  Minnesota Bonds  Minnesota Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Get a Lost Instrument Bond in Minnesota?

Close up a stock certificate, a common Lost Instrument

A Lost Instrument Surety Bond is required in Minnesota if you own a valuable document or instrument that has been lost, destroyed or stolen. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate to replace the original instrument.

Types of surety bonds:

  • Open Penalty Bonds: Instruments that remain the same in value from the date of origination.
  • Fixed Penalty Bonds: Instruments that can change in value over time.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are common and preferred stock certificates.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Cashier’s Check
  • Certified Check
  • Check
  • Certificate of deposit
  • Money Order
  • Bankbook
  • Other financial instruments

  • If you live in Minnesota and need a Surety Bond to replace one of your important instruments, SuretyGroup.com can get you the bond you need.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium is the cost that you pay and it will depend on whether you need a fixed penalty or an open penalty bond and the value of the instrument. Our Surety Bond Specialists can provide you with a free, no-obligation quote today.

    Contact SuretyGroup.com

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication