Home  Michigan Bonds  Michigan Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Get a Lost Instrument Surety Bond in Michigan?

Close up of a stock certificate

If you have an instrument that has a financial value that has been lost, destroyed, or stolen, then most likely you will need a surety bond to have it replaced. The issuer of instrument usually requires a bond to protect against loss upon the issuing of a duplicate.

There are two types of surety bonds for Lost Instruments that are commonly required:

  • An Open Penalty Bond is for instruments or documents that can change in value over a period of time.
  • A Fixed Penalty Bond is for instruments or documents that remain the same as when first issued.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are common and preferred stock certificates. Other examples of lost instruments include certified checks, money orders, checks, cashier’s checks, certificates of deposit, and other financial instruments and securities.

    If you live in the Michigan and need a Surety Bond as a requirement in replacing one of these important documents, contact SuretyGroup.com first. We are here to help.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium or cost that you pay will depend on the surety bond type needed and the value (dollar amount) of the instrument. Let our Surety Bond Specialists provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.

    Give Us a Try First

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication