Home  Maine Bonds  Maine Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Replace a Lost Instrument in Maine?

Close Up of a Stock Certificate, a Common Lost Instrument

A Lost Instrument Bond is required in Maine if you own a valuable instrument that has been stolen, lost or destroyed. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate and replaces the instrument.

Two lost instrument surety bond types:

  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for instruments whose value remains the same over time.
  • Open Penalty Bonds are for instruments whose market value fluctuates.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are money orders, checks and cashier’s checks.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Preferred Stock
  • Common Stock
  • Money Order
  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Bankbook
  • Other Financial Securities

  • If you live in Maine and need a Surety Bond in order to replace your valuable instrument, contact SuretyGroup.com.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium/cost that you pay depends on whether the bond is a fixed or an open penalty and the value of the document. Our Surety Bond Specialists can provide you with a a free, no-obligation quote in the convenience of your own home.

    Contact Us, SuretyGroup.com

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication