Home  Kentucky Bonds  Kentucky Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I get a Lost Instrument Bond in Kentucky?

Close up of a stock certificate.

If you have a document (or instrument) that has a financial value that has been destroyed, lost, or stolen, then you will need a bond to receive a duplicate of it. The issuer of the document or instrument usually requires a bond to protect against loss upon the issuing of a duplicate. If the missing document later turns up, it will need to be returned to either the issuer or the surety of the document so that it can properly be disposed of so as to prevent any future loss.

These two types of lost instruments are commonly required:

  • A Fixed Penalty Bond is for instruments that remain the same as when first issued.
  • An Open Penalty Bond is for instruments that can change in value over a period of time.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are stock certificates. Other examples of lost instruments include: money orders, cashier’s checks, certificates of deposit, bank checks and other financial securities and instruments.

    If you live in Kentucky and need a Surety Bond as a requirement to replace one of these important documents, contact us first. SuretyGroup.com can help.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium “cost” that you pay depends on the bond type needed and the value of the document. Let our Surety Bond Specialists provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.

    Give Us a Try First

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication