Home  Kansas Bonds  Kansas Lost Instrument Bond

Do You Need a Lost Instrument Bond in Kansas?

A woman searches for a lost document

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

If you own a valuable document or instrument that has been lost, stolen or destroyed, more than likely then you will need a Lost Instrument Surety Bond. In order to receive a duplicate of the instrument, a surety bond is required to protect the original issuer from financial loss.

Lost Instrument Surety Bonds:

  1. If your lost instrument would have the same value throughout time, such as a money order or check, then you would need a Fixed Penalty Bond.
  2. If your lost instrument could change in value, such as a stock certificate, then you will need an Open Penalty Bond.

Types of Lost Instruments:

  • Cashier’s Check
  • Common or Preferred Stock Certificates
  • Unclaimed Property
  • Other Securities
  • Check
  • Money Order
  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Savings Bankbook
  • Other Financial Instruments
  • How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium or “cost” you pay for a lost instrument surety bond depends on the amount of the bond required and whether it is an open or fixed penalty bond. Fixed and open penalty bonds start as low as 1.5% for good credit. SuretyGroup.com can provide you with a quote at no cost. Let us help you get the bond you need.

    Related Links:

    Kansas Unclaimed Property

    More Surety Bond Questions?

    Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


    For a downloadable application