Home  Iowa Bonds  Iowa Lost Instrument Bond

Iowa Lost Instrument Surety Bond

A woman searches for a lost document

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

If you reside in Iowa and have a stolen, destroyed or lost valuable document or instrument, then you need a Lost Instrument Bond. A lost instrument bond protects the original issuer from a financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate document or instrument.

Open and Fixed Penalty Lost Instrument Bonds:

  • Open Penalty Bonds are for instruments or documents whose value can change over a period of time.
  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for instruments or documents whose value never changes.
  • There are different types of lost instruments, with the most common being preferred and common stock certificates.

    Other Types of Lost Instruments:

    1. Certificate of Deposit
    2. Money Orders
    3. Unclaimed Property
    4. Cashier's Check
    5. Life Insurance Policy
    6. Bankbook
    7. Check
    8. Other financial instruments

    If you are unsure of what type of lost instrument surety bond you need, SuretyGroup.com can help. Since each situation is different, we can determine whether you need an open or fixed penalty bond and ensure that you get the bond you need.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium that you pay will vary and is dependent on the amount of the bond and whether it is an open penalty or a fixed penalty bond that is needed. Fixed and open penalty bonds start as low as 1.5% for good credit. SuretyGroup.com offers free, no obligation quotes.

    Related Links:

    Iowa Unclaimed Property Search

    More Surety Bond Questions?

    Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


    For a downloadable application