Iowa Alcohol Permit Surety Bonds
Iowa law requires licensing or permits for all Alcohol Retailers, Wholesalers, Manufacturers, Importers and Brokers.
The Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division only issues licenses or permits to qualified applicants.
Surety Bond and Permit Requirements:
Class A Beer Permit (Beer Wholesale Only)Class AA Beer Permit (High Alcohol Content Beer)Special Class A Beer Permit (Brew Pub Privilege Only)Special Class AA Beer Permit (High Proof Brew Pub)Class A Wine Permit and Class A Native Wine Permit (Wine Wholesale Only)Wine Direct Shippers License BondRetail Class E Liquor License Bond -Surety bond amount to be determined by the Division
- Applicants must have good moral character -- no felony convictions, has good financial standing and reputation, and has not had a liquor license or permit revoked in the past two years.
- Applicants must be able to pass a background check.
- Premises requirements include: applicant must own, lease or rent space, mdet local zoning approval, be in good repair and free from litter, and meet all state laws and local ordinances.
- Applicants must complete the application and pay the applicable fees.
- Obtain a $5,000 surety bond based on the permit type needed:
How Much Will This Bond Cost?
The premium that you pay for an Iowa Alcohol Surety Bond is based on the bond type and credit. Rates for bond amounts under $10,000 start at $100 with good credit. Contact our Surety Bond Specialists for a free quote that fits your specific situation.
Related Links:Iowa Alcoholic Beverage Commission InformationIowa Alcohol Licensing LawsIowa Alcohol License Classifications
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced suretty agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application