Home  Indiana Bonds   Indiana Lost Instrument Bond

Why Do I Need an Indiana Lost Instrument Surety Bond?

A close up of a stock certificate

A Lost Instrument Bond is required in Indiana for any lost, stolen or destroyed valuable document or instrument that you may have purchased or acquired. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate.

There are two types of lost instrument surety bonds:

Fixed Penalty Bonds are for instruments with a fixed value such as a money order or cashier’s check.
Open Penalty Bonds are for instruments that have a varying market value, which includes a stock certificate.

Lost instrument bonds are generally required for common and preferred stock certificates.

Lost instruments examples include:

  • Certificates of Deposit
  • Membership Certificate
  • Check
  • Cashier's Check
  • Life insurance policy
  • Money Order
  • Bankbook
  • Mortgage
  • Securities

  • If a Surety Bond is a requirement in order to replace your missing important document, SuretyGroup.com can help.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium that you pay for your bond and the cost depends on the value of the instrument and the type of surety bond needed (fixed or open penalty). Get your free, no-obligation quote today.

    How Can I Get a Surety Bond?

    Email, call or complete the online application or Quick Quote:

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication