Home  Georgia Bonds  Georgia DUI Driving School

DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program Owners Need A Bond

A sign that says 'Don't Drive and Drive'

The Georgia Department of Drivers Services requires companies involved in DUI Education to apply for certification prior to providing any services. The DUI, Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program is made up of two components, the Assessment Component and the Intervention Component. Students must complete both components to receive a certificate of completion. Schools that provide these services must meet the state requirements for certification.

DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program Owners will need to complete an application and provide the required attachments.

Applicants will need the following:

Applicants, partners, corporate officers and/or controlling stockholders will each need to complete the Statement of Completion provided in the application packet and complete all sections of the application exception for section one only needs to be done once. Each will also need to provide a photograph taken within the past year and provide the last 5 years of driver's license motor vehicle reports for each and any state of licensure.

Applicants including partners, corporate officers and/or controlling stockholders will need have a notarized consent for a background investigation and pass a criminal background check done through submission of fingerprints.

Obtain a $10,000 surety bond from SuretyGroup.com. A separate bond is required for each school location.

Provide evidence of a fire code inspection of the classroom facility done with no violations done within the previous 90 days of application.

Provide a list of the schools business hours and complete the Standard Business Hours form.

Submit a DUI new director application for each person that will act in the capacity of a program director.

Obtain and provide a letter of intent from each instructor that will teach at the business.

If the business is incorporated, provide a Certificate of Incorporation from the Secretary of State or submit a notarized certification of adopted name obtained from the Superior Clerk of the Court where the business will be located.

Provide sample copies of student assessments, intervention contracts that are pre-numbered and pre-printed with the business address and phone number.

How Much Will The Bond Cost?

Premium for a DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program Bond is dependent on credit and the number or bonds required.

SuretyGroup.com is here to help you with your bonding needs.

We have been underwriting surety bonds for over 35 years, and we offer bonds for individuals and businesses of every size.

Our team of experienced surety specialists and in-house underwriting authority gives us a unique advantage over other surety companies. We are able to offer competitive, low rates, quick approvals and immediate bond delivery. In most cases we can approve your application today and deliver your bond tomorrow.

Have Questions?

Contact our Surety Bond Specialists at:

Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
Fax:     404-351-3237
Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday