Florida Recreational Vehicle Dealers defined as a new or franchised recreational vehicle dealer or used recreational vehicle dealer (also known as an RV dealer), are regulated by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV).
Surety Bond and License Requirements:
- Recreational vehicle-RV dealers must apply for a dealer license by completing the pre-licensing dealer training and provide a copy of the course completion certificate.
- Complete the RV dealer application and pay the applicable filing fee.
- Provide a copy of the applicant's government issued photo ID or driver’s license.
- Provide a copy of the property lease or rent agreement for the dealership. The property must be a permanent structure and have an office with a restroom, lot space to display vehicles, have posted hours of operation, and exterior signage.
- Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and are required to submit fingerprints.
- Obtain a $10,000 surety bond. Recreational dealers that have more than four dealership locations must obtain a $20,000 surety bond.
- Provide a copy of the business registration and registration of business obtained from the FL Department of State.
- If applicable, provide a copy of the business Articles of Incorporation, Partnership Agreement, or Articles of Organization and Operating Agreement.
- Provide proof of garage liability insurance hat meets the minimum coverage. $25,000 combined single-limit liability for both bodily injury and property damage and $10,000 personal injury.
- Franchise dealers must provide a copy of the Dealer Development & Management Agreement.
How Much Will This FL Bond Cost?
The premium that you pay for a Florida Recreational Vehicle Dealer Surety Bond is dependent on credit, the bond amount required and experience in the motor vehicle sales industry.
Related Links:FL RV Dealer Forms
Florida Recreational Vehicle Dealer Information
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application