The State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Oil and Gas Program is the permitting authority for mining and minerals regulation programs. The program is tasked with conservation of oil and gas resources, health and human safety, environmental protection and rights protection. Through a process of permits and field inspections, the program ensures compliance of state laws.
The oil and gas program details can be found in Chapter 377 of the Florida Statutes and Rules 62C-25 through 30 of the Florida Administrative Code.
The well permit process includes:
1. Operators must pay the application fee.
2. Completion of the Drilling Application (Form 3).
3. Completion of the Organization Report (Form 1).
4. Location Plat based on well location survey.
5. Site construction plans.
6. Casing and cementing programs.
7. H2S Contingency plan if applicable.
8. A $1,000,0000 performance surety bond (Oil & Gas Form 2A) is required for a multiple well permit. Obtain your bond from SuretyGroup.com.. In lieu of a bond, a Letter of Credit; Trust Fund payment; or other form of financial security is required. A performance bond covers up to 10 wells.
The premium that you pay for a Florida Performance Bond for Multiple Wells is dependent on credit, personal and business financial statements, and experience.
Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday