The State of Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Division of Motorist Services, The Manufactured Housing Section, Bureau of Issuance Oversight, regulates the license issuance for Mobile Home Installers and Manufactured Home Installers.
Florida licensing details can be found under Section 320.8249 of the Florida Statutes. To obtain a license:
1. Complete the application and pay the licensing fee (checks made payable to DHSMV).
2. Submit an original Certificate of Insurance ($100,000 general liability).
3. Provide a copy of your Mobile Home Installation Training Course Certificate.
4. Show proof your Mobile Home Installer examination results.
5. Complete the Mobile Home Installation Decal Order Form and pay fees.
6. A $5,000 performance bond is required for each licensing period. The original bond will need to be submitted with the application. Obtain your bond from SuretyGroup.com
The premium that you pay for a Florida Mobile Home Installer or Manufactured Home Installer Bond is dependent on credit and experience.
Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday