Home  Florida Bonds   Florida Lost Instrument Bond

When Do You Need a Florida Lost Instrument Bond?

Close up of a stock certificate

A Lost Instrument Bond is required in Florida if you own a valuable document that has been lost, destroyed, or stolen. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate and is sent to the financial that the certificate originated from.

Types of bonds:

  • Open Penalty Bonds are for items whose market value fluctuates.
  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for items whose value remains the same over time.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are common and preferred stock certificates.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Cashier's Check
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Check or Money Order
  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Mortgage
  • Bankbook
  • Other Financial Instruments and Securities

  • If you live in Florida and need a Surety Bond to replace one of your important documents, contact SuretyGroup.com.

    What Will My Bond Cost?

    The premium cost that you pay can depend on whether it is a fixed penalty or an open penalty bond and the value of the document. Our Surety Bond Specialists can provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.

    Contact SuretyGroup.com

    Our Surety Bond Specialists can help you today:

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds for over 35 years throughout the US. We offer competitive, low rates, quick approvals and have friendly bond specialists. In most cases we can approve your application today and deliver your bond tomorrow.