Home  Florida Bonds  Florida Household Moving Services Bond

Florida Household Moving Services Performance Surety Bond

A moving box sits on a dolly

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

Those in Florida who wish to operate as an intrastate mover of household goods or as a moving broker must register with Florida's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS).

Registration includes obtaining a $25,000 Household Moving Services Performance Surety Bond or provide the state with a $25,000 certificate of deposit. The Department must be listed as the sole beneficiary, and the security may only be used for the payment of claims.

The security protects any consumer who is injured as a result of the Principal’s fraud, misrepresentation, breach of contract, misfeasance, malfeasance, financial failure, or any violation of Florida Statutes.

Surety Bond and Application Requirements:

  1. Complete the application packet.
  2. Pay the registration fee, which is non-refundable. The fee may be waived if the applicant is an honorably discharged veteran. A registration must be renewed biennially on or before its expiration date. Renewal applications must be mailed at least 45 days before the expiration date.
  3. Obtain a $25,000 surety bond Instead of a surety bond, the state will accept a certificate of deposit of equal value.
  4. Each mover operating in Florida must maintain current and valid liability insurance coverage. This includes at least $10,000 per shipment for the loss or damage of household goods resulting from the negligence of the mover or its employees or agents. (Florida Statue 507.04)

How Much Does This Bond Cost?

The premium that you pay for a Florida Household Moving Services Performance Surety Bond is dependent on credit. Rates start as low as $250 with your good credit.

Did You Know?

Movers must provide a contract and estimate in writing to a prospective shipper prior to providing services.

Related Links:

Professional Movers Association of Florida
Florida Household Moving Services FAQs

More Surety Bond Questions?

Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


For a downloadable application